Thursday, April 26, 2012

Elementary School

I went to the same elementary school from Kindergaten through 6th grade.  When I reflect back, I can still tell you all my teacher's names and what grade they taught. I did well in school grade wise. Socially though, kids at that age can be so terribly cruel and came up with some pretty mean names. I was overweight (still am) and they took the opportunity to tease me often. It definitely messed with my self-esteem. 

I started liking boys at a pretty early age. I developed young and by 10 years old, I had my period and had boobs. Not like fried eggs but full on boobs. It got me a lot of attention and some of it was negative for sure. I was a Brownie and then a Girl Scout. I got bored with the GS meetings so instead of going, I thought I would hang out with the boys instead. My mom learned about this and immeaditely pulled me out.  In 6th grade, I physically fought one of the neighborhood boys and we both got suspended! I had the creepiest 6th grade teacher named Mr. Nerk. He felt the need to counsel me and would pull me out into the hallway to have a "talk" I heard that he continued his odd behaviors long after I left. Makes me weirded out just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment